Best communicator…many of us assume we are such a great communicators…is that so ..?
I foud out that I am a great communicator at times… and not so good in another meeting or conversation. It takes time and training…do we really know that the person we talk to knows what we ment…
What it actually is – it is not a person who speaks such an educated and sohfisticated language that we need to focus to get the main point to the story. It is not a person who talks a lot and doesn’t ask us for our opinion. It is not a person who assumes he knows all the answers and is not open to hear suggestions… you get the point by now I think…
At times I find myself drifting away in the conversation .. so absorbed in telling my story… yes… it is an interesting story for sure .. but to me … is it to really to my audience? So we need to make it a conversation, remember to practice the key rules of the game…
Asking questions during the conversation is so powerful. There are many benefits, but here I will list just few…
– gets other person talking
– creates friendships and relationships
– allows to control the conversation
– allows us to find out if the person is interested in what we have to say
And for those who are in sales … listen carefully
– lets person do the selling
– let us determine if he/her is interested in our service or product at all
– let us overcome objections
– we can make our presentation better by addressing persons needs and explaining the expected benefits
WOW … so what do we ask ….so how about every time you meet new people .. make sure you learn about them .. If they ask you question, reply but in the end ask another question so they have the chance to talk.